Genesis 6:1 “And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,
2. That the sons of God saw daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
3. And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.
4. There were giants in the earth those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were old, men of renown.
5. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.
6. And it repented the Lord that he had made man in the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.
7. And the Lord, said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repententh me that I have made them.” (Bible Gateway KJV 2020)
6. “And the Lord was sorry that He had made man on the earth, and He was grieved in his heart.” (Bible Gateway NKJV 2020)
8 “But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.
9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.
10 And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.
11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.
12 And God looked upon the earth, and, behold, it was corrupt; for all flesh had corrupted his way upon the earth.
13 And God said unto Noah, The end of all flesh is come before me; for the earth is filled with violence through them; and, behold, I will destroy them with the earth.” (Bible Gateway KJV 2020)
Noah built the Ark that God instructed him to build and God destroyed everyone except eight people. Only eight people believed in God, the rest of mankind perished.
Genesis 7:7. And Noah went in, and his sons, and his wife, and his sons’ wives with him into the ark, because of the waters of the flood.” (Bible Gateway KJV 2020)
Genesis 7:16 “And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the Lord shut him in.” (Bible Gateway KJV 2020)
Genesis 7:23. “And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.” (Bible Gateway KJV 2020)
Can you imagine when God shut the door and it started raining, flooding, the people knocking on the door, pleading for Noah to let them in saying. I believe you now. I believe there will be a great flood now, let me in.
It hurts my heart to think that God would even think about regretting making man. If it doesn’t hurt your heart, then it’s cold as ice. They sinned so much that God grieved in his heart. How sad is that! That we have failed God.
What do you think God thinks now as he looks down on us?? I’m sure he thinks the same thing as he did then. We are destroying each other. We are killing each other, we are destroying the earth that he created.
I feel like the Corona virus has divided us, some people say wear a mask, some people say don’t, it doesn’t protect you, some say it does protect you. But we need to keep our focus on Jesus, not on a mask. We need to stop the HATE, stop hating each other and stop fighting amongst ourselves, whether about the Corona virus, wearing a mask, or anything else. We are to love one another, not to tear each other down. We need to support each other for the decisions we have made and the faith we have. Is God disappointed with us, and does that break your heart? That’s what we should be asking ourselves!